Deus Ex 2 Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
GameSpot has kicked up an interview with ION Storm Austin's Harvey Smith regarding their upcoming Unreal engine powered - first person shooter/RPG, Deus Ex 2. Included are some new screenies, so make sure you check them out. uNF:
GS: It's already been made clear that the sequel will try to do a better job of not forcing players into direct fights. Can you discuss some of the enhancements you'll be adding to things like stealth and diplomacy? Will the sequel have any new ways to resolve conflict?
HS: We're spending a lot more time on the AI. Paul Tozour (interacting with other AI-experienced Ion people, like Doug Church) is putting together an overarching AI system that works for DX2 and Thief 3. Also, Brian Sharp is writing a custom sound-propagation model for the games. In DX2, if you go into an office to loot it, and you close the door at your back, the sounds you make in the office will be muffled by the door. In addition to these wholesale systemic changes, we're tweaking out a lot of the biomod powers so they allow the player to sneak, exploit the AI, and so forth.
- Corsair Carbide Air 540 ATX Cube Case Review
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 780 WindForce 3X OC Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Z Sound Card Video Review
- Corsair Vengeance K70 Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASUS Radeon HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum Edition Review
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review