Unreal Tournament 2003 Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The fellas over at Unreality have sat down with Epic Games' Mark Rein for a quick chat regarding their first person shooter, Unreal Tournament 2003. Topics include everything from the editing tools to new weapons. Snip:
4. You said earlier that you will include voice communication in Unreal Championship on the Xbox, but not in UT2003 on the PC. Why? This sort of feature is essential to teamplay, as can be seen in games like Counter-Strike where people need to communicate in other ways than just clicking a key that says "I need backup".
With Xbox Live everyone has broadband, everyone has a microphone, and nobody has a keyboard so it makes sense to do on that platform. On PC we still have a lot of modem users. I can see this is something we could do down the road in future PC games when broadband is more prevalent but there are no plans to add it to UT2003. You need broadband to do voice effectively.
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review
- NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review
- AMD A10-6800K Richland APU Review
- ASUS RT-AC66U 802.11ac Wireless-AC1750 Router Review
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review