ATI DX9 Drivers & Demos
Wow! Didn't see this one coming! ATI has released their long awaited DirectX9 demos, but that's not all. They have also released their first set of DirectX9 drivers (Win2k&XP only)! Here's a big readme before you all go all crazy about this:
CATALYST DX9 BRC0 display drivers are to be used in conjuction with Microsoft's DirectX9 Release Candidate (RC). This driver is currently a Beta Release Candidate (BRC) and is being provided to permit users to experience the most advanced graphics capabilities available. Please keep in mind that this driver is a Beta Release Candidate and may have outstanding bugs at present (Please refer to the errrata notes for known issues).
ATI does NOT recommend installing these drivers in systems used for mission critical operations or where productivity of any kind is a concern. There is a chance that using any Beta Release Candidate software may result in an unstable system.
CATALYST DX9 BRC0 drivers are not supported by ATI Customer Support at this time. Once these drivers are no longer in Release Candidate form and are run on the final DirectX9 kit, they will be supported.
If you decide to install CATALYST DX9 BRC0 drivers and encounter issues that you cannot work with, we suggest these CATALYST DX9 BRC0 be uninstalled and that you install the current certified drivers for your specific product found on the Customer Support website at http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver.html.
Thanks to Harlequin for the news!
If you all wanna discuss about this pretty surprising release, do it here.
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review
- NZXT Kraken G10 Liquid GPU Cooler Bracket Review
- Tesoro Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset Review
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review