ATI DX9 Drivers & Demos
Wow! Didn't see this one coming! ATI has released their long awaited DirectX9 demos, but that's not all. They have also released their first set of DirectX9 drivers (Win2k&XP only)! Here's a big readme before you all go all crazy about this:
CATALYST DX9 BRC0 display drivers are to be used in conjuction with Microsoft's DirectX9 Release Candidate (RC). This driver is currently a Beta Release Candidate (BRC) and is being provided to permit users to experience the most advanced graphics capabilities available. Please keep in mind that this driver is a Beta Release Candidate and may have outstanding bugs at present (Please refer to the errrata notes for known issues).
ATI does NOT recommend installing these drivers in systems used for mission critical operations or where productivity of any kind is a concern. There is a chance that using any Beta Release Candidate software may result in an unstable system.
CATALYST DX9 BRC0 drivers are not supported by ATI Customer Support at this time. Once these drivers are no longer in Release Candidate form and are run on the final DirectX9 kit, they will be supported.
If you decide to install CATALYST DX9 BRC0 drivers and encounter issues that you cannot work with, we suggest these CATALYST DX9 BRC0 be uninstalled and that you install the current certified drivers for your specific product found on the Customer Support website at http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver.html.
Thanks to Harlequin for the news!
If you all wanna discuss about this pretty surprising release, do it here.
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview