Postal 2 Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The ActionVault has slapped up an interview with Running With Scissors' Geoff Neale and Josh Leichliter regarding the art in their upcoming Unreal engine powered - first person shooter, Postal 2. Here's a blurb:
Action Vault: How much mocap did you do, and for what types of actions? As for the rest of the animations, how do you go about creating them?
Geoff: About two-thirds of our animations are mocap, all of which where hand-tweaked in the traditional manner, with the remaining third of the animations being created ground-up in the keyframed way of things. Some of the more complicated movements I storyboard out and I often have myself or someone else act out the part for reference. Actually, just sitting in a public place and watching people be themselves is a great tool, I sometimes just go sit on a bench at the mall and watch all the oddballs do whatever it is they do and use it for inspiration. Other times, I just sit at my desk madly waving my arms around, trying to figure out how to do something. Strangely, no one here seems to notice.
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review