Postal 2 Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The ActionVault has slapped up an interview with Running With Scissors' Geoff Neale and Josh Leichliter regarding the art in their upcoming Unreal engine powered - first person shooter, Postal 2. Here's a blurb:
Action Vault: How much mocap did you do, and for what types of actions? As for the rest of the animations, how do you go about creating them?
Geoff: About two-thirds of our animations are mocap, all of which where hand-tweaked in the traditional manner, with the remaining third of the animations being created ground-up in the keyframed way of things. Some of the more complicated movements I storyboard out and I often have myself or someone else act out the part for reference. Actually, just sitting in a public place and watching people be themselves is a great tool, I sometimes just go sit on a bench at the mall and watch all the oddballs do whatever it is they do and use it for inspiration. Other times, I just sit at my desk madly waving my arms around, trying to figure out how to do something. Strangely, no one here seems to notice.
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review