Hans "stealth_wing" Melis
Yep, your favourite FPS counter has received another update and is now up to version 1.9A. This new version of Fraps has the following fixes:
- The text "REC" is shown on screen while capturing videos of games.
- DirectX capture speed has been improved when recording 32-bit movies.
- DirectInput8 is now used for hotkeys. This avoids slowdown when the keyboard can't be acquired.
- Bug fixes. Faster screen capture. Memory requirements greatly reduced.
- The option for gamma correction of images has been removed.
Windows XP remains the best operating system to record fast and fluid movies. Windows 2000 is a bit patchy with asynchronous disk writes and causes periodic stutters in the video. Windows 95/98/ME has no asynchronous support and is too slow for 640x480 capture, but if the game supports lower resolutions such as 320x240 or 400x300 then these can be used.
With regards to gamma correction of video being removed, it was decided that it was best to do this step when converting the videos into divx or mpg. It was slowing things down too much for the few games that required the adjustment.
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review