Hans "stealth_wing" Melis
Yep, your favourite FPS counter has received another update and is now up to version 1.9A. This new version of Fraps has the following fixes:
- The text "REC" is shown on screen while capturing videos of games.
- DirectX capture speed has been improved when recording 32-bit movies.
- DirectInput8 is now used for hotkeys. This avoids slowdown when the keyboard can't be acquired.
- Bug fixes. Faster screen capture. Memory requirements greatly reduced.
- The option for gamma correction of images has been removed.
Windows XP remains the best operating system to record fast and fluid movies. Windows 2000 is a bit patchy with asynchronous disk writes and causes periodic stutters in the video. Windows 95/98/ME has no asynchronous support and is too slow for 640x480 capture, but if the game supports lower resolutions such as 320x240 or 400x300 then these can be used.
With regards to gamma correction of video being removed, it was decided that it was best to do this step when converting the videos into divx or mpg. It was slowing things down too much for the few games that required the adjustment.
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review