Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The RPG Vault caught up with Reakktor's Jörg Martin Schwiezer for a quick chat regarding their massivly multiplayer online first person shooter/RPG, Neocron. Topics include classes, weapons an more! Here's a nugget:
Jonric How broad is the range of weaponry in Neocron? Is it possible to craft or upgrade weapons, and are there rare or unique ones? Do they degrade and break? And how about armor and other items?
J?rg Martin Schwiezer: There are dozens of different weapons. As stated above, all weapons (and items in general) can be built and modified by the player. The quality and material of the used components defines the overall quality of the crafted item. However, players don't necessarily have to craft weapons themselves. They can also buy them in shops or from other players (via a secure trading interface). There are also unique weapons. In fact, every weapon crafted is unique. Some very high power weapons may also be a reward for completed missions (quests). Most items degrade or lose efficiency due to heavy usage, but given the proper skills, they can easily be repaired. There are also dozens of different armors. Many of them are to be implanted (like bone enforcements). Other implants boost your athletic skills (e.g. synthetic heart), increase your intelligence (brain implant), etc. There are also drugs (legally) and steroids available in Neocron. Many of them boost your physical abilities but all show heavy side effects and are only good for short durations.
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review