RivaTuner 2.0 RC12.1 available
Nick "Neeyik" Evanson
The latest version of Unwinder's graphics adapter driver tweaking program - RivaTuner - is out and available to download. Here's the list of new features and fixes:
- Fixed bug in uncompressed modes format handling code in the custom mode wizard, which prevented RivaTuner from adding custom display modes under the Detonator 27.41 and older.
- Fixed bug in the Direct3D anisotropic filtering optimization dialog, which caused anisotropic filtering optimization settings reset under the Detonator 28.xx - 29.xx.
- Fixed sample report loading routine, corrupted due to changes made in the previous version.
- Removed unsupported 4x 9-tap antialiasing mode for NV17 based boards.
- Fixed bug in the launcher, which prevented RivaTuner from passing correct command line parameters to an application if the path to it contained spaces.
- Minor UI fixes.
- Full Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx support including the latest Detonator 42.01
- Added databases for the Detonators 40.72 (for both Windows 9x and Windows 2000/XP), 41.03 (for Windows 2000/XP only), 41.09, 41.80 and 42.01 (for both Windows 9x and Windows 2000/XP).
- Updated Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx compatible patch scripts including popular AnisoBooster and NVStrap antiprotection.
- Updated presets for the Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx
- Added NVIDIA compressed modes format v2.x support. Now RivaTuner's built-in 60Hz refresh rate fix wizard and custom mode wizard are fully compatible with the Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx.
- Added DVC 3.0 support. Now RivaTuner's driver level color schemes contain image sharpness level for NV30 based boards. RivaTuner's driver level color scheme manager is now fully compatible with the Detonator 41.xx+.
- Revised NVStrap v1.3 driver for both Windows 9x and Windows 2000/XP. Now the driver supports PCI DeviceID programming on the latest NVIDIA NV18 and NV28 GPUs.
- Added hybrid MSAA/SSAA antialiasing modes 6xS and 8xS for NV20+ based boards for the Detonator 40.xx+.
- Launcher's hotkey handling routine is not reenterable now. This allows you to avoid blocking the Detonator's gamma manager functionality when using hotkeys with associated driver level color schemes.
- Now RAT (restore after termination) mode can be used for associated low level color schemes too.
- Added NSIS 2.0 beta 0 based installer.
- Improved tweaking safety. Now RivaTuner displays warning message when you install unsupported version of the Detonator driver.
- Improved uninstaller. Now RivaTuner also unregisters its' shell extensions when using the /U command line switch.
- Improved patch script format and patch script interpretator. Now patch scripts can be applied to the packed files (e.g. *.dl_ or *.sy_) as well as to the original unpacked files.
- Integrated SoftQuadro4 scripts pack. Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx compatible SoftQuadro4 and NV25AALines patch scripts are now included in RivaTuner. Warning! You must read and accept RivaTuner's license agreement before using these scripts.
- Now you can create a driver for your monitor using EDID information (for DDC capable monitors only) or manually specifying the monitor's parameters. This feature is extremely useful if you have no driver from your monitor manufacturer.
- You can override the minimum refresh rate for each display mode supported by your graphics subsystem directly in the monitor's driver you are creating. Once created a driver with the minimum refresh rate overrides, you can simply install it to fix infamous 60Hz problem under Windows 2000/XP at the monitor driver level.
- Added monitor manufacturer decryption to the 'EDID details' diagnostic report category. Added monitor manufacturers list to RivaTuner's hardware database.
- Added ATI RADEON 9500 / 9500PRO / 9700 / Fire GL X1 / FireGL Z1 low level support. Now RivaTuner can diagnose and overclock these graphics processors. Thanks to Andrew Worobiew for providing RADEON 9500 sample.
- Added low level memory bus type detection for ATI R200 / RV250 / R300 based boards. Added memory bus type information to the 'ATI specific display adapter info' diagnostic report category.
- Blocked low level diagnostic / overclocking for RV250 / R300 secondary heads.
- Added SoftR9700 patch script for Catalyst 6.200 - 6.255, which allow you to enable software locked 8 pixel pipelines on RADEON 9500 based boards and turn any 128-bit RADEON 9500 into RADEON 9500PRO and any 256-bit RADEON 9500 into RADEON 9700PRO. Warning! You must read and accept RivaTuner's license agreement before using this script. Now if you muck things up with the tweaks or Softpatch scripts, then don't blame us! Instead - visit our forums and have a good cry there! You can get this latest version of RivaTuner from Guru3D or NV World.
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review