C&C :Generals Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
Computer and Video Games.com sat down with EA Pacific's Mark Skraggs for a quick chat regarding their upcoming 3D RTS, Command & Conquer: Generals. Topics include units, resource management and more! Here's a taste:
How does the resource management side of Generals operate?
Skaggs: We've changed resource management in Generals to fit better in the modern war setting we've created. Harvesting gold and gems that grow from the ground wasn't quite realistic enough for us, so instead, players will need to gather supplies from Supply Depots that are scattered across the map, which will then be converted to cash when they are returned to the player's base.
Each side has a different resource gatherer. The U.S. uses a Chinook, the GLA uses their worker and China uses supply trucks.
Of course, there's a finite amount of supplies on the map, so we've also given you other ways to make money. The U.S. side has a Supply Drop Zone, which is an additional building that will periodically give you free supplies. The Chinese side has a Hacker unit that can hack the Internet to steal money, and the GLA has a Black Market that will supply additional money.
Also, like Red Alert 2, players will be able to garrison Oil Derricks that will supply money on a regular basis.
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review