Star Wars Galaxies Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The guys over at Star Wars Galaxies Warcry have posted an interview with LucasArts' Haden Blackman regarding their upcoming massively multiplayer online RPG, Star Wars Galaxies. They chat about everything from advertising to George Lucas' invovment. Snip:
[Tark] Has George Lucas taken part in any of the decisions for SWG? If so, how often is he called upon to make those decisions?
[Haden Blackman] Fortunately for LucasArts, and Star Wars Galaxies specifically, Lucasfilm Licensing has a dedicated team to help us through the approval process. I've been in constant communication with our key contacts at Lucasfilm since the project's inception. They've approved everything from our choices in playable species to our starting worlds. George Lucas has been consulted on anything that might tread into Episode II or Episode III material. So, when we decided that we wanted to include Naboo as one of our planets (a decision that was made well before the release of Episode II), he had to weigh in on this and give us a seal of approval. Honestly, though, Lucasfilm Licensing exists so that George Lucas doesn't have to be involved with every single decision we make in terms of game design.
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review