Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
HomeLAN sat down with Sony Online's Dave Georgeson for a quick chat regarding their upcoming massively multiplayer online first person shooter, PlanetSide. Topics include competing with other in-house MMOG's, how they plan on dealing with cheaters and more! Here's a clipping:
HomeLAN - Cheating sometimes runs rampant on other first person shooter titles. How will Sony Online deal with cheaters and hackers in the game?
Dave Georgeson - We're pretty merciless this time around. We've spent quite a bit of time on security for the game, but we also have a Watchdog system that will be actively watching/listening to random people's gameplay at random times during the day. We'll also have a 24-hour Alert system where we can focus Watchdog on suspected cheaters and watch them 24/7. It's amazing how little you can get away with once the system is actively watching you.
And if we catch you cheating, you're banned. No warnings. Just permanently expelled from the game. Not your character...your entire account. So don't do it.
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review