Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
HomeLAN sat down with Sony Online's Dave Georgeson for a quick chat regarding their upcoming massively multiplayer online first person shooter, PlanetSide. Topics include competing with other in-house MMOG's, how they plan on dealing with cheaters and more! Here's a clipping:
HomeLAN - Cheating sometimes runs rampant on other first person shooter titles. How will Sony Online deal with cheaters and hackers in the game?
Dave Georgeson - We're pretty merciless this time around. We've spent quite a bit of time on security for the game, but we also have a Watchdog system that will be actively watching/listening to random people's gameplay at random times during the day. We'll also have a 24-hour Alert system where we can focus Watchdog on suspected cheaters and watch them 24/7. It's amazing how little you can get away with once the system is actively watching you.
And if we catch you cheating, you're banned. No warnings. Just permanently expelled from the game. Not your character...your entire account. So don't do it.
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review