Etherlords II Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
HomeLAN sat down with Nival Interactive's Oleg Belaychook for a quick chat regarding their upcoming turn-based strategy title, Etherlords II. Topics include everything from weapons & spells to the games multiplayer. Here's a clipping:
HomeLAN - When the time came to make the sequel, what were the development team's main goals?
Oleg Belaychook - We looked long and hard at what the fans and journalists had to say about the first game and moved forward with a pretty well defined wish list that sprang from those two groups. Fortunately for us, both the journalists and fans were on the same page, and we agreed! :) The major change to Etherlords II is the deepening of the role-play aspect. Now you have one main hero, instead of creating many of them as in the original, and you develop him (or her) throughout an entire campaign. Our second major goal was to improve the interface of the game and take out many of the complexities for the player. We moved many of the things that were complicated directly to the map to make them more intuitive, which allowed us to make the game easier to understand without removing the complexities that make it interesting. Finally we wanted to keep the same dueling system as it was considered to be by far the most successful portion of the game so were spending a lot of time on giving tactics much more variety with new spells and creatures while introducing new tactical subtleties to the game play that should make duels even more fun then the first Etherlords.
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review