Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
Thanks to Ownt.com for sending word that they have shot-up an interview with Cauldron's Marian Suran regarding their first person shooter, Chaser. Here's a bit on the engine:
What type of features does the CloakNT game engine allow in Chaser?
The CloakNT engine was originally developed for dynamic per-pixel lighting and shadowing. However, today's hardware only allows a few dynamic lights within a scene, and, since we wanted to have rich lighting in Chaser, we decided to use static lighting. Dynamic lighting will be used only for dynamic light sources such as a flashlight. This engine also offers the ability to create very realistic materials, rather than just simple textures. It means that every surface has its own properties, such as specular intensity, gloss map, reflection map, bump map, etc. As a result, glass looks really like glass, metal looks metallic, and varnished wood looks cool as well.
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review