Middle Earth Online Q&A
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
EGCore.com has Turbine Entertainment's Chris Clay in the hot seat this evening, answering questions regarding their upcoming massively multiplayer online RPG, Middle Earth Online. They look at everything from character creation to the private encounter system. uNF:
EGCore: Its been mentioned that a number of quests will use a new private encounter system. This sounds absolutely fascinating. Could you shed a bit more light on how the system will work? Aside from the benefits of reducing camping of quest items/mobs what benefit are you expecting this to provide? What about impact on server loads? Wont instancing multiple versions of the same quest put quite a load on the world servers?
Chris Clay: The private encounter system allows us to create dynamic dungeons for players to explore. This allows for more detailed, immersive quests because we can guarantee the same, detailed quest experience for everyone in the encounter you dont have to worry that the party before you triggered an event, killed all the monsters, or took all the treasure. In addition, because we can limit the number of players inside a given encounter, we can create more intricate dungeons with features that, until now, have only been seen in single-player RPGs. As for server loads, private encounters will actually improve server performance by distributing players across the world.
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review