Sony Online Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The folks over at Warcry.com have shot-up an interview with Sony Online's Raph Koster regarding his job, MMOG's and more! Here's a nugget:
Warcry: Lots of games you have had a hand in offered what I call 'sandbox' play: the ability to be creative in ways not directly related to the game itself. Furnishing a house in SWG, for example, can be a showcase for the artistic talents of the player. What other types of sandbox play would you like to see in the future?
Raph: All of it. This isn't something that is necessarily widely held in the industry or within any given company, so it's a somewhat controversial issue. But I am a huge believer in user content. The fact right now is that you cannot base a whole game on it. Nor do I necessarily want to. But I do favor finding ways to give players tools in addition to the burden of entertainment that rests on us as designers and developers.
People tend to tar me as the guy who wants everything sandbox and no handcrafted content. That's not really an accurate depiction of my approach or (if you go back to the work I did on muds) even of how I personally design things. But oh well, it's how I've gotten labeled, so I guess I have to live with it.
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review