Sony Online Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The folks over at Warcry.com have shot-up an interview with Sony Online's Raph Koster regarding his job, MMOG's and more! Here's a nugget:
Warcry: Lots of games you have had a hand in offered what I call 'sandbox' play: the ability to be creative in ways not directly related to the game itself. Furnishing a house in SWG, for example, can be a showcase for the artistic talents of the player. What other types of sandbox play would you like to see in the future?
Raph: All of it. This isn't something that is necessarily widely held in the industry or within any given company, so it's a somewhat controversial issue. But I am a huge believer in user content. The fact right now is that you cannot base a whole game on it. Nor do I necessarily want to. But I do favor finding ways to give players tools in addition to the burden of entertainment that rests on us as designers and developers.
People tend to tar me as the guy who wants everything sandbox and no handcrafted content. That's not really an accurate depiction of my approach or (if you go back to the work I did on muds) even of how I personally design things. But oh well, it's how I've gotten labeled, so I guess I have to live with it.
- QNAP TS-670 6-Bay NAS Review
- VisionTek 480GB mSATA SSD Review
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Technology Previews
- Attitude One Tunguska 7.1 Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- AMD Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card Reviews - Gigabyte, HIS, MSI & More
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review