Ultima X: Odyssey Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The RPG Vault has slapped up an interview with Origin's Rick Hall regarding the combat in their upcoming massively multiplayer online RPG, Ultima X: Odyssey. Here's a clipping:
Jonric: Still at the high concept and design level, how much emphasis will your game place on player vs. environment compared to player vs. player?
Rick Hall: Odyssey focuses more on PvE than PvP. When we set out to design the game, we felt that it was possible to actually achieve a single-player feel in a massively multiplayer environment, and the key to that was in developing a very comprehensive PvE experience. If you think about it, the notion of making a player feel "heroic" is more easily achieved in a solo game, where the player is, in a very real sense, the "center of the action and the universe." However, with that said, don't get the impression that PvP won't be supported, or that the game will not be massively multiplayer. It will include both of those elements. At its heart, it is definitely a massively multiplayer experience. We've simply tried to provide an environment where it "feels" as heroic as the experience you'd get in a solo-player game.
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview