Ultima X: Odyssey Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The RPG Vault has slapped up an interview with Origin's Rick Hall regarding the combat in their upcoming massively multiplayer online RPG, Ultima X: Odyssey. Here's a clipping:
Jonric: Still at the high concept and design level, how much emphasis will your game place on player vs. environment compared to player vs. player?
Rick Hall: Odyssey focuses more on PvE than PvP. When we set out to design the game, we felt that it was possible to actually achieve a single-player feel in a massively multiplayer environment, and the key to that was in developing a very comprehensive PvE experience. If you think about it, the notion of making a player feel "heroic" is more easily achieved in a solo game, where the player is, in a very real sense, the "center of the action and the universe." However, with that said, don't get the impression that PvP won't be supported, or that the game will not be massively multiplayer. It will include both of those elements. At its heart, it is definitely a massively multiplayer experience. We've simply tried to provide an environment where it "feels" as heroic as the experience you'd get in a solo-player game.
- QNAP TS-670 6-Bay NAS Review
- VisionTek 480GB mSATA SSD Review
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Technology Previews
- Attitude One Tunguska 7.1 Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- AMD Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card Reviews - Gigabyte, HIS, MSI & More
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review