City of Heroes Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The AVault has Cryptic Studios' Michael Lewis in the hot seat this evening, answering questions regarding their upcoming massively multiplayer online RPG, City of Heroes. They look at everything from powers to "Supergroups". Here's some juice:
With superheroes, combat is all about superior powers. Describe for us some of the powers available to the player.
Weve broken from the traditional Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence statistics model of character creation. In City of Heroes, a character is entirely defined by the powers chosen. If you want to be a stealthy martial arts expert, you might choose Super Reflexes, Martial Arts and Invisibility as your first few Power Sets. Within a Power Set, there are four to nine powers, all of which complement each other. For example, in Martial Arts, you might choose Crane Kick for laying out an opponent or Dragons Tail when youre surrounded - all of your powers will be useful in different situations, and the action changes fast, so youve got to think on your feet.
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review