City of Heroes Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The AVault has Cryptic Studios' Michael Lewis in the hot seat this evening, answering questions regarding their upcoming massively multiplayer online RPG, City of Heroes. They look at everything from powers to "Supergroups". Here's some juice:
With superheroes, combat is all about superior powers. Describe for us some of the powers available to the player.
Weve broken from the traditional Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence statistics model of character creation. In City of Heroes, a character is entirely defined by the powers chosen. If you want to be a stealthy martial arts expert, you might choose Super Reflexes, Martial Arts and Invisibility as your first few Power Sets. Within a Power Set, there are four to nine powers, all of which complement each other. For example, in Martial Arts, you might choose Crane Kick for laying out an opponent or Dragons Tail when youre surrounded - all of your powers will be useful in different situations, and the action changes fast, so youve got to think on your feet.
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review
- NZXT Kraken G10 Liquid GPU Cooler Bracket Review
- Tesoro Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset Review
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review