Unreal Tournament 2004 Q&A
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
GameSpy has fired-up an interview with Epic's Cliff "CliffyB" Bleszinski regarding their upcoming first person shooter, Unreal Tournament 2004. Here's a bit on the Assault mode:
GameSpy: You also mentioned Assault, which is returning from the original Unreal Tournament. What's new this time around?
Bleszinski: Assault is one of those game modes that's basically like a single-player experience. We're starting off with a matinee fly-by sequence in Assault, in which you have a voiceover that tells you, "point A-point B-point C, here's what you do, here's where you go and here's what happens there," and that gives people a very clear indication of what's going on in Assault.
We've also added in a lot of heads-up display indicators to tell you where to go and what to do. A little objective list will slide out and say what the next objective is, and a voiceover will say "now you need to do this." Every time you respawn, it will say that as well.
There's a ten-second spawn queue in Assault now, so odds are when you die you'll end up spawning next to someone else who hopefully may know the map and can lead you to the next objective. We've added in all these kinds of elements not only to make Assault better, but to make it more user-friendly.
- QNAP TS-670 6-Bay NAS Review
- VisionTek 480GB mSATA SSD Review
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Technology Previews
- Attitude One Tunguska 7.1 Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- AMD Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card Reviews - Gigabyte, HIS, MSI & More
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review