Unreal Tournament 2004 Q&A
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
GameSpy has fired-up an interview with Epic's Cliff "CliffyB" Bleszinski regarding their upcoming first person shooter, Unreal Tournament 2004. Here's a bit on the Assault mode:
GameSpy: You also mentioned Assault, which is returning from the original Unreal Tournament. What's new this time around?
Bleszinski: Assault is one of those game modes that's basically like a single-player experience. We're starting off with a matinee fly-by sequence in Assault, in which you have a voiceover that tells you, "point A-point B-point C, here's what you do, here's where you go and here's what happens there," and that gives people a very clear indication of what's going on in Assault.
We've also added in a lot of heads-up display indicators to tell you where to go and what to do. A little objective list will slide out and say what the next objective is, and a voiceover will say "now you need to do this." Every time you respawn, it will say that as well.
There's a ten-second spawn queue in Assault now, so odds are when you die you'll end up spawning next to someone else who hopefully may know the map and can lead you to the next objective. We've added in all these kinds of elements not only to make Assault better, but to make it more user-friendly.
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview