Radeon 9600SE vs GeForceFX 5600XT
Hanners from Elitebastards has posted an article where he puts the Radeon 9600SE against the GeForceFX 5600XT. Here's a small snippet: $qs Starting off with the easier to overclock of the two cards, I took the 5600XT, enabled the hidden overclocking tab within the ForceWare drivers, and proceeded to see how far I could push the card. And, I have to say, the results were impressive. From the starting core/memory speeds of 235/266, I managed to push the core up over 100MHz, finishing with a stable core clock of 350MHz. The RAM on the board seemed similarly robust, overclocking stably to 330MHz. The card actually pushed up as high as 365MHz core and 345MHz RAM, but at that kind of overclock it would only run for twenty minutes or so before artifacts started turning up all over the place, which left 350/330 as the final, stable overclock.
So, let's see what the extra speed did for performance, using 3DMark03 (and the ForceWare 52.16 drivers), and the Antalus flyby and Halo timedemo (using the 53.03 set). All tests were run at 1024x768 without AA or AF: A good read packed with benchmarks and IQ comparison! Click here for the full article.
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review
- NZXT Kraken G10 Liquid GPU Cooler Bracket Review
- Tesoro Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset Review
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review