Radeon 9600SE vs GeForceFX 5600XT
Hanners from Elitebastards has posted an article where he puts the Radeon 9600SE against the GeForceFX 5600XT. Here's a small snippet: $qs Starting off with the easier to overclock of the two cards, I took the 5600XT, enabled the hidden overclocking tab within the ForceWare drivers, and proceeded to see how far I could push the card. And, I have to say, the results were impressive. From the starting core/memory speeds of 235/266, I managed to push the core up over 100MHz, finishing with a stable core clock of 350MHz. The RAM on the board seemed similarly robust, overclocking stably to 330MHz. The card actually pushed up as high as 365MHz core and 345MHz RAM, but at that kind of overclock it would only run for twenty minutes or so before artifacts started turning up all over the place, which left 350/330 as the final, stable overclock.
So, let's see what the extra speed did for performance, using 3DMark03 (and the ForceWare 52.16 drivers), and the Antalus flyby and Halo timedemo (using the 53.03 set). All tests were run at 1024x768 without AA or AF: A good read packed with benchmarks and IQ comparison! Click here for the full article.
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review