Snap Appliance SnapServer 1100
Martin "Langaleer" Finbow
You want to host your own server but are not sure how to set one up or even where to start? Maybe this is where the SnapServer would be suitable for you?
"Guru of 3D reviewed the SnapServer 1100, to put is short and blunt, this is an external HD that you hook up towards your Ethernet. An easy to install SOHO-level network storage device. It's supports most network types and even includes FTP and HTTP file access towards your files which makes this an entire other league compared to your regular external HD solution.
The product itself is in fact a dedicated computer that is running on an Operating System, in this case a customized version of FreeBSD which was named SnapOS. Guru3D.com's content runs on several servers, these servers all run on FreeBSD as it is very stable and very secure. So with that in mind the essence of this product is in fact a server. So what should you have a server in your network ?"
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review