id Software Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
GameSpy has fired-up a short interview with several members of the id Software team at this years QuakeCon. They chat about Doom III, Quake 4 and more! Here's a taste:
Why does DOOM 3 have such limited console options (compared to Quake 3)?
Having watched the Quake 3 competitive scene evolve over the years, the id team wanted to try to "level the playing field" a little with DOOM 3. They want to make sure the game is more about player skill and less about who knows the best way to tweak the graphics settings. Hollenshead pointed out that watching most pros play Quake 3, you see a fullbright screen with blurry textures and bright blobs flying around for players, which isn't exactly the game the team designed. Also, seeing that "makes the art department sad," as Kenneth Scott pointed out.
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review
- NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review
- AMD A10-6800K Richland APU Review
- ASUS RT-AC66U 802.11ac Wireless-AC1750 Router Review
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review