id Software Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
GameSpy has fired-up a short interview with several members of the id Software team at this years QuakeCon. They chat about Doom III, Quake 4 and more! Here's a taste:
Why does DOOM 3 have such limited console options (compared to Quake 3)?
Having watched the Quake 3 competitive scene evolve over the years, the id team wanted to try to "level the playing field" a little with DOOM 3. They want to make sure the game is more about player skill and less about who knows the best way to tweak the graphics settings. Hollenshead pointed out that watching most pros play Quake 3, you see a fullbright screen with blurry textures and bright blobs flying around for players, which isn't exactly the game the team designed. Also, seeing that "makes the art department sad," as Kenneth Scott pointed out.
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review