Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Q&A
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
1Up.com has sat down with Ubi Soft's Mathieu Ferland for a quick Q&A regarding their upcoming stealth title, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Topics range from co-op to other online features. Here's a clipping:
EGM: What's an example of an experience that a player can have playing your game online that he/she can't have offline?
Ferland: A lot of interesting experiences can be enjoyed by playing Sam, but there are twice as many with the co-op mode. Since it's a matter of playing with a partner, you have to go through all the maps [as a] duo. New moves, gadgets and strategies are integrated as well, and replayability is great. And those maps are totally different from what we have in the offline experience; they are made to be played with two operatives. Big walls impossible to climb alone and pipes too high in the air to be reached by a single player are just some examples of a new type of gameplay where you think and play in terms of cooperation. One of the challenges we had with the co-op mode in SCCT was the [artificial intelligence]. The combat ability of our AI will be very impressive since it will have to deal with two players and sometime be only aware of the existence of one of them, allowing the other one to take them from behind.
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review