Age of Empires III Q&A
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
PC.IGN has caught up with Ensemble Studios' Greg Street and Dave Pottinger for a quick chat regarding their upcoming strategy title, Age of Empires III. Topics range from civilizations to the games engine. Here's a blurb:
IGNPC: What nations will be included? Can you give us an overview of their distinguishing characteristics and maybe an indication of the types of units they might field?
Ensemble: There will be eight civilizations in the game, but we are only announcing three for now: the French, British and Spanish. The British have a great economy and can get villagers more quickly. Their best unit is their Musketeer (the famed "Redcoats" of the Revolutionary War), but if a British player wants to change history by investing in Longbowmen well into the 1700s, they can do that as well. The French can ally with Native Americans more easily, and have a special villager, the Coureur, that can double as a light infantry. The Spanish get more support from the mother country back in Europe than other civilizations. They have several unique units, including the famous Redoleros (sword and buckler men). Assigning characteristic to civs in Age of Empires III is trickier than in previous games in the franchise because players have an unprecedented amount of control in determining the strengths of their civilization.
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review
- Gigabyte BRIX Barebones Mini PC Review
- ioSwitch Raijin M.2 NGFF PCI-E SSD Review
- Silverstone Raven Mid-Tower RV04 Case Review
- ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition LGA2011 Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Q Series Pro 256GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Corsair Graphite 230T Mid-Tower Case Review