Blizzard Entertainment Q&A
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
GamesIndustry.biz has posted the first part of their interview with Blizzard Entertainment's Chris Metzen and Paul Sams. This one focus' on their hit massively multiplayer online RPG, World of WarCraft. Here's a blurb:
Given the magnitude of that task, do you see Blizzard as having transitioned into being a massively multiplayer company, or are you spinning that off as a separate unit alongside your traditional games business?
Paul: I think it's the latter. We have a group of people that are completely focused on this, and I see it as a business unit within Blizzard. It isn't necessarily formally a business unit - there's no president of our MMO business - but it's certainly functionally that way. We have people whose sole focus is dealing with the operational effects and the development effects, and the marketing associated with dealing with this product.
At the same time, we don't intend to completely leave our roots. We think there are a lot of people who still want to play the types of products that we have historically made. And so, I envision us doing both - and because we have people who are experienced at both, and we have management that are experienced at both, I think that we'll be able to pull it off, but it will take a lot of effort, and a lot more planning than we've traditionally done.
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews