Guild Wars Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
The folks over at Guild Wars Hispano have slapped up a quick interview with ArenaNet's Gaile Gray regarding their upcoming Online RPG, Guild Wars. They cover everything from servers to future expansions. Snip:
Will the pre-made level 20 competition characters have any disadvantage when compared to the normal level 20 characters?
The ready-made characters will be substantially different than those that you "raise" yourself from Level 1. The ready-made characters come in many different builds. This variety offers you the chance to try out different gameplay styles and lots of unique skills and skill combinations without acquiring the full mission experience. And naturally there is a large and growing number of these custom builds. For example, there is the Paladin build, which is made up of a Warrior primary and a Monk secondary. The Paladin is able to use adrenaline sword skills while healing himself and his party members. There's the Dazer, a primary Mesmer and a secondary Ranger who is able to interrupt her opponents' spellcasting while inflicting ranged damage with a bow. And there are many others, as well. There will be a lot of combinations, or builds, so you should have a lot of opportunities to choose the combination, and the gameplay style, that suits you or that suits your current mood.
At the present time the ready-mades have eight skills carefully chosen for that particular build, and those skills will not be replaceable. On the other hand, ready-mades will have attribute points that you will be able to alter. Ready-made skills, attributes and items are selected for a certain build. When speaking of items, it's notable that the ready-mades will be given a specified inventory and armor set or sets suitable for their dual professions and they will not be able to acquire additional or replacement items.
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review