Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
EuroGamer has caught up with Monolith's Kevin Stephens for a quick Q&A regarding their upcoming Action title, F.E.A.R.. Topics range from multiplayer to the Japanese horror influences. Here's some juice:
Eurogamer: The Japanese horror influence on the game has been well documented elsewhere; did you get involved in the research on that side or leave it to someone else?
Kevin Stephens: The lead game designer was really the person that said "this is the type of horror I'd like to focus on," and I had some exposure through some of it, personally, and through the international film festival I saw Ring Zero - my girlfriend was a big Ring fan. So I knew right away, "yeah that's scary stuff," so the American version of Ring came out, and I'd seen movies like Dark Water, and the lead game designer brought in Juon and The Eye, and the more you watch, the more you start to see patterns, but at the same time they're all just so freaky. They really are different to American horror movies, so yeah, I did a lot of research!
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review