Unreal Tournament 2007 Preview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
PC.IGN has posted a preview on Epic Games' upcoming first person shooter, Unreal Tournament 2007, after getting a demonstration at this years Games Convention in Germany. Here's a bit on load times:
The first topic we jumped into was loading time. With resource intensive textures, demanding sounds, and generally high quality everything, won't loading this and other next-gen games take somewhere between ten minutes and a year? Nope. James can't speak for other developers and their engines, but Unreal 3.0 is made to stream.
"The only load is when you join a server in UT 2007. Once that match ends, the game will pop you right into the next one." James explained that the streaming technology would let the engine anticipate the next bout and prepare for it, which will cut back on a lot of gaming downtime. Expect this to apply to the singleplayer ladder matches and to online engagements. Of course, UT will still provide competitive players an opportunity to check their scores and stats before rocketing them all into another round.
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review