Irrational-Take 2 Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
GameCloud has sat down with Irrational Games' Ken Levine for a quick Q&A regarding Take Two's recent acquisition of the game development company. Here's some juice:
Gamecloud - Why did Irrational feel the need to be acquired by a large publisher like Take Two, rather than perhaps merge with another independent developer like a few other studios have done recently?
Ken Levine - It wasnt so much of a need as the right deal and the right partner and the right time. I think given the economies of developing, we would have ended up working with other developers like BioWare and Pandemic, as weve got nothing but respect for what those guys are doing. But 2K offered us all the freedom of being independent (theyve pretty much left us to do our thing) and like I said, theyre one of the few big pubs to take real risks (I mean BioShock is not exactly what you call an obvious play like Tomb Raider 12).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review