Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
Computer and Video Games.com has sat down with Bethesda Softworks' Gavin Carter for a quick Q&A regarding their much anticipated RPG, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Here's a snippet on the combat system:
Is the combat system more on the action-oriented side, or does it adhere to more traditional RPG rules?
Gavin Carter: At first glance, it's an action-oriented combat system. You're moving around, dodging blows, actively blocking the enemy's attacks, and firing off spells when you see openings. It's very active and a big step up from Morrowind. There's also a heavy stat system running in the background. Stats and skills determine, among other things, how much damage you do, to what extent your armour soaks up hits, and what abilities you have available during combat.
So while your skills will determine when and how you attack or defend, it's ultimately your character's skills that will determine your success or failure.
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review