Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs Q&A
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
Bringing the evening to a close, PC.IGN has slapped up an interview with Ensemble Studios' Sandy Peterson regarding their upcoming Age of Empires III expansion, The War Chiefs. They chat about everything from the new civilizations to it's development status. Here's a taste:
IGNPC: There will be three new civilizations included in the game but so far you've only announced the Iroquois Confederacy. What about them made them a good choice for the game? How do they play differently than the European powers?
Sandy Peterson: The Iroquois controlled a large confederation that sprawled over a wide area. They actually expanded their territory and became more powerful after contact with the Europeans, making major conquests among other tribes. They enthusiastically adopted European technology and their military is the most "European-like" of our three native nations. So they are an interesting combination of a fairly contemporary army (for the 1700s) backed up by a native economy and a strong tradition of mysticism.
The Iroquois really focused on their harvest, their domestic food plants, and their agricultural way of life and we've tried to reflect that in their in-game economy.
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review