Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
PC.IGN has fired-up a quick preview on GSC Game World's much-delayed first person shooter, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Here's a snippet on the game's weapons and your inventory:
One of the things the development team was really hoping to bring to Stalker was a sense of realism while playing which includes an incredibly healthy library of weapons. Players will have a chance to get their hands on a awesome variety of basic handguns, automatic rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, grenade launchers, and so on. Many of these weapons can be modified with extras like scopes as well so players will really have a chance to customize their combat experience.
Weapons and equipment will need to fit into backpack using a grid inventory system, which anyone that's played Diablo will be familiar with. Though this type of inventory can turn into a time-consuming mini-game of its own, it also means careful choice will have to be given to what and how much of each item is carried along into any encounter. For a game that's based a real-world(ish) setting, it's an important idea.
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review