Star Trek Online Interview
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
MMORPG.com has kicked up a short interview with some of the guys behind Perpetual Studios' upcoming massively multiplayer online RPG, Star Trek Online. Written in article format, they touch on everything from space combat to the game's development status. Here's some juice:
Stinnett was excited to tell us that the team had hit a stage where they could play some semblance of the game. They can play the game, add new features, test them and tune them. Until recently, theyd still been in a text simulation phase, but it is an entirely different beast to see systems in action.
The team is currently hard at work fleshing out combat, both space and avatar problems. The challenge they face is that very few MMORPGs have done space combat. They have a framework to learn from with their land-based combat, but only a few examples of space. The same rules do not apply. That is one of the main reasons they are so excited to have a graphical client running; they can see if what works on paper works in action.
- Corsair Carbide Air 540 ATX Cube Case Review
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 780 WindForce 3X OC Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Z Sound Card Video Review
- Corsair Vengeance K70 Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASUS Radeon HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum Edition Review
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review