Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar Review
Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
Hitting us with a little evening reading, PC.IGN has thrown together a review on Stardock's latest Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords expansion pack, Dark Avatar. Scoring an impressive 9/10, this one might be a nice addition to check out. Anyways, here's some lovin':
Perhaps the most significant and satisfying gameplay change is the inclusion of environmental restrictions for colonization. In Dread Lords we, like many players, preferred to grab as many habitable planets as possible before worrying too much about things like infrastructure or technology or warships. Sure, it sometimes left you open for a massive attack, but it was the surest way to establish a solid foundation for the middle game.
This time around many of the planets are off-limits until you've researched the technology required to colonize them. And since there are different technologies for different environmental hazards, you'll really have to choose carefully. These technologies are also relatively expensive as well, so any effort you put into researching them is going to mean you're neglecting something else. In all it's an excellent way to kind of put a check on the colony rush that most players have been using.
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review