Joe "OuTkAsT-1" Topolnisky
Following yesterday's announcement, GameSpot has caught up with Gamecock Media Group's Harry Miller for a quick Q&A regarding their newly formed publishing studio. So what will set them apart from other publishers out there? Snip:
GS: So what's going to separate you, as far as an independent developer is concerned, from the publishers that are out there already?
HM: One is that we are actively looking to handle new IPs from independent developers, and that alone is [different]. Most of the developers we know who have worked on incredible content in the past that has done well commercially have an incredibly tough time getting new IP deals signed. And if they do, there are strings attached, like they don't get to keep the IP. Or there are structures in the contract such that the publisher has the right to buy the company or buy the IP at a certain multiple of revenue, which never really works out in the developer's interest. If the publisher decides to go ahead and act on it, that means the developer or IP is worth a lot more than what they're going to pay for it.
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review
- NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review
- AMD A10-6800K Richland APU Review
- ASUS RT-AC66U 802.11ac Wireless-AC1750 Router Review
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review