Nokia N95 beaten by N93 in SPMark for Symbian OS V9!
Davinder "DsK" Kundi
The Nokia N95 is the flagship smartphone from Nokia, sporting dedicated 3D hardware in the form of the PowerVR MBX. However there is an older smartphone from Nokia which also has the same GPU, so how do they compare?
Timo Poropudas from MobileMonday ran SPMark for Symbian OS V9 on a few mobile phones including the two from Nokia sporting the PowerVR MBX and got some rather interesting results:
A very surprising set of results indeed. The full article breaks the scores down to their component tests and its worth noting if you want to see how your Symbian phone compares; the free version of SPMark for Symbian OS V9 only gives you the 3D score, so take note when comparing results!
To add a little something, I also ran the benchmark on my N95 to see how it would compare, but as you will see, where it is installed will have a massive impact on the overall score:
So, the N95 not quite top of everything it would seem! The real question is will newer firmware allow for increased performance or will the N93 retain the SPMark Symbian crown?
- Corsair Carbide Air 540 ATX Cube Case Review
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 780 WindForce 3X OC Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Z Sound Card Video Review
- Corsair Vengeance K70 Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASUS Radeon HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum Edition Review
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review