Company of Heroes DX10 - ATI vs Nvidia Comparison
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
A few days ago, Relic and THQ released a patch adding DirectX 10 support to Company of Heroes, thus making it the first commercially available DirectX 10 Windows PC game. Legit Reviews has been busy benchmarking the game and has compiled some performance numbers on the latest DX10 video cards from both ATI and NVIDIA.
Lets see what they had to say:
"After testing the first DirectX 10 game patch on the popular title Company of Heroes we again find out that ATI finishes behind NVIDIA in DX10 performance tests. Sure, the AMD/ATI drivers are still new and need to be worked on, but it doesn't seem like the current Radeon 2900 XT with 512MB of GDDR3 memory has the muscle to compete with the GeForce 8 series on DirectX 10 game titles. The current Radeon 2900 XT with GDDR3 memory? It seems that later this month AMD will be releasing a new Radeon HD 2900 XT graphics card with 1GB of GDDR4 memory. AMD plans to take another shot at NVIDIA with..."
As we have come to expect, the GeForce 8800 models trounce the Radeon HD 2900 XT, regardless of resolution or settings. Hopefully, ATI will be able to tweak its drivers to extract some more performance from its high-end video card.
Click here to check out the full article.
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews