XFX 7950GT 512MB AGP Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
If your main system has an AGP 8X slot, this is your lucky day! XFX, in coordination with Nvidia, has set out to reinvigorate your aging computer. In a move that can be characterized as nothing short of brilliant, they have managed to construct an AGP version of the still-potent GeForce 7950GT. Bjorn3D has just posted a review of this card, the XFX 7950GT 512MB 550M.
Heres what they had to say:
Ah yes, our good friends at XFX have done it again. They have brought my PC back from the brink of the junk yard. Just when I thought I wouldnt be able to get any more performance out of my computer, XFX gives me one more reason not to build an entirely new rig just yet with the XFX 7950GT 512MB 550M. This card makes my PC feel like the young stallion it once was. Playing Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars or Quake 4 was alright before the card but now, it is like the difference between night and day. Seriously, this card is a diamond in the rough.
Throw one of these, and a modern 7200RPM hard drive, into that old system and give it some new life. I dont know if this is an anomaly or the beginning of a trend, but Im glad to see manufacturers not entirely giving up on past standards.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review