Kingston HyperX PC3-11000 DDR3 Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While mainstream adoption of DDR3 may be far away, several memory companies are trying to entice early-adopters and enthusiasts by quickly releasing some high-end memory kits. GideonTech just had a first look at the Kingston KHX11000D3LLK2 2GB memory kit.
Lets see what they had to say:
"Kingston Technology has opened some new doors in the world of RAM. We have been asked to test drive and show you some of the new HyperX DDR3 RAM. The modules I received are 1375MHz with CL timings of 7-7-7-20 and 1.7v. Let's see how well this first round of DDR3 modules stack up."
This memory kit is certainly a coup for Kingston. Not only is faster than all other high-end DDR3 memory kits on the market (PC3-11000 vs PC3-10600), it also has much tighter timings (7-7-7 vs 8-8-8 or 9-9-9). Nevertheless, I will withhold some praise until we see some head-to-head comparisons between kits. Also, obviously, this particular kit is extremely pricey.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review
- NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review
- AMD A10-6800K Richland APU Review
- ASUS RT-AC66U 802.11ac Wireless-AC1750 Router Review
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review