Kingston HyperX PC3-11000 DDR3 Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While mainstream adoption of DDR3 may be far away, several memory companies are trying to entice early-adopters and enthusiasts by quickly releasing some high-end memory kits. GideonTech just had a first look at the Kingston KHX11000D3LLK2 2GB memory kit.
Lets see what they had to say:
"Kingston Technology has opened some new doors in the world of RAM. We have been asked to test drive and show you some of the new HyperX DDR3 RAM. The modules I received are 1375MHz with CL timings of 7-7-7-20 and 1.7v. Let's see how well this first round of DDR3 modules stack up."
This memory kit is certainly a coup for Kingston. Not only is faster than all other high-end DDR3 memory kits on the market (PC3-11000 vs PC3-10600), it also has much tighter timings (7-7-7 vs 8-8-8 or 9-9-9). Nevertheless, I will withhold some praise until we see some head-to-head comparisons between kits. Also, obviously, this particular kit is extremely pricey.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review