MSI Overclocked Geforce 8600GTS Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Every once in a while, a review is posted that is so good that the item being reviewed becomes an afterthought. As is their hallmark, X-bit Labs has once again gone above and beyond, with their review of the MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-HD-OC graphics card. They have tested the card with 16 games, at multiple resolutions, and 2 benchmarking programs from yours truly. So whether or not you are interested in the product, give this review a look.
Lets see what they had to say:
As for the MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-HD-OC graphics adapter we talked about today, it made a very favorable impression. First of all, it features very powerful and quiet cooling system, and second, it boasts pretty good overclocking potential. The combination of these two factors makes this solution a very attractive purchase for computer enthusiasts with limited finances. The card is very modestly pre-overclocked by the manufacturer, and doesnt provide a significant performance gain, but the efficient cooling solution allows pushing its speed to much higher limits for the sake of much greater performance boost.
I really like the extra effort MSI put into making this card. The upgraded cooler should allow overclockers to squeeze out every last megahertz out of both core and memory. And it is also nice to see the 8600GTS' performance slowly improving.
And once again, kudos to X-bit Labs for creating a review that should serve as the benchmark against which other graphics card reviews are judged.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review