MSI Overclocked Geforce 8600GTS Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Every once in a while, a review is posted that is so good that the item being reviewed becomes an afterthought. As is their hallmark, X-bit Labs has once again gone above and beyond, with their review of the MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-HD-OC graphics card. They have tested the card with 16 games, at multiple resolutions, and 2 benchmarking programs from yours truly. So whether or not you are interested in the product, give this review a look.
Lets see what they had to say:
As for the MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-HD-OC graphics adapter we talked about today, it made a very favorable impression. First of all, it features very powerful and quiet cooling system, and second, it boasts pretty good overclocking potential. The combination of these two factors makes this solution a very attractive purchase for computer enthusiasts with limited finances. The card is very modestly pre-overclocked by the manufacturer, and doesnt provide a significant performance gain, but the efficient cooling solution allows pushing its speed to much higher limits for the sake of much greater performance boost.
I really like the extra effort MSI put into making this card. The upgraded cooler should allow overclockers to squeeze out every last megahertz out of both core and memory. And it is also nice to see the 8600GTS' performance slowly improving.
And once again, kudos to X-bit Labs for creating a review that should serve as the benchmark against which other graphics card reviews are judged.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- QNAP TS-670 6-Bay NAS Review
- VisionTek 480GB mSATA SSD Review
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Technology Previews
- Attitude One Tunguska 7.1 Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- AMD Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card Reviews - Gigabyte, HIS, MSI & More
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review