Asus Reveals ROG Blitz Motherboards
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Well it appears that Asus is truly trying to capitalize on Intels new P35 chipset. As if the P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition was not impressive enough, Asus has just announced the ROG Blitz line of motherboards.
The Blitz series are all based on the P35 chipset, and come in either DDR2 or DDR3 versions. However, aside from the improved northbridge, mosfet, and southbridge cooling, these motherboards main selling point is the implementation of Asus Crosslink technology. Here is a quick overview:
Built for extreme gaming, the ROG Blitz Extreme motherboard provides excellent graphical support with multiple GPU support the standard for power gaming users. Traditional Intel P35 motherboards can only support PCIe x16 and x4 lanes limiting performance outputs. The ROG Blitz Extreme on the other hand, is able to utilize ASUSs exclusive Crosslinx technology that features a dedicated graphics controller to optimize PCIe allocation with dual x8 lanes. This enhanced dual x8 graphics resolves bottlenecks in performance and exceeds x16 and x4 solutions providing higher frame rates for better gaming experiences.
If Asus past Republic of Gamers (ROG) motherboards are any indication, these motherboards should be a hit with gamers and overclockers alike.
Click here to read the press release.
Click here to check out the product page.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews