Asus PG221 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Considering Asus has been in the LCD monitor business since late 2005, it is surprising to note how few people have ever heard of the companys displays. Is the market over-saturated, or has Asus just failed to create breakthrough LCD monitors? Bit-Tech has just reviewed the Asus PG221, a 22 widecreen display with built in 1.3 megapixel webcam, and 6.1 speaker system.
Heres what they had to say:
Compared to what weve seen from other 22 widescreen monitors, the Asus PG221 fares pretty well. Its got a great set of features on paper and it performs pretty well on the whole, providing you leave the monitors preset colour options alone and tweak the display yourself. Even if you manually configure the displays colour options, there are still a few minor image quality issues and a little bit of banding in some of the DisplayMate tests but there was nothing particularly major. Certainly nothing to prevent this from being a good gaming monitor.
Overall, Asus has done a terrific job with the design and features of this monitor. While the image quality may not be the best, this criteria really comes down to individual preference. The big question is obviously the price, and if priced aggressively, I could see this product being quite popular with casual gamers.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview