3RSystem Iceage 120 Heatsink Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While you may not have heard of 3RSystem before, judging by the quality and performance of their products, they will surely become a popular brand in the next few years. FrostyTech has just reviewed 3RSystem Iceage 120 heatsink.
Lets see what they had to say:
"I'm going to do away with any suspense and just tell you that it performs in the top 10 on both AMD and Intel test platforms. The 3RSystem Iceage 120 heatsink FrostyTech is reviewing today is equipped with four exposed copper heatpipes at its base, vibration absorbing foam pads behind the fan, a 120mm low speed fan and a fan speed controller. At the other end of the 3RSystem Iceage 120 heatsink is where all the fun stuff happens. Swaged into an aluminum block are four 6mm diameter copper heatpipes which make direct contact with the CPU, so the conduction path is about as direct as it gets."
With a high-speed fan, this heatsink was only outperformed by the Thermalright Ultra-120, quite impressive. In low-noise mode, the Iceage 120 was the best cooler that FrostyTech has ever tested. Evidently, using the heatpipes as the base is a very effective design. If 3RSystem made the entire unit out of copper, it would likely be the best cooler on the market.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews