3RSystem Iceage 120 Heatsink Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While you may not have heard of 3RSystem before, judging by the quality and performance of their products, they will surely become a popular brand in the next few years. FrostyTech has just reviewed 3RSystem Iceage 120 heatsink.
Lets see what they had to say:
"I'm going to do away with any suspense and just tell you that it performs in the top 10 on both AMD and Intel test platforms. The 3RSystem Iceage 120 heatsink FrostyTech is reviewing today is equipped with four exposed copper heatpipes at its base, vibration absorbing foam pads behind the fan, a 120mm low speed fan and a fan speed controller. At the other end of the 3RSystem Iceage 120 heatsink is where all the fun stuff happens. Swaged into an aluminum block are four 6mm diameter copper heatpipes which make direct contact with the CPU, so the conduction path is about as direct as it gets."
With a high-speed fan, this heatsink was only outperformed by the Thermalright Ultra-120, quite impressive. In low-noise mode, the Iceage 120 was the best cooler that FrostyTech has ever tested. Evidently, using the heatpipes as the base is a very effective design. If 3RSystem made the entire unit out of copper, it would likely be the best cooler on the market.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review