ATI Radeon HD 2400 and HD 2600 Overview
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While obviously a little late to the party, Bjorn3D has just posted a solid overview of AMD-ATIs next-generation Radeon HD 2400 and HD 2600 series.
Heres what they had to say:
If gaming is the main reason for buying a new video card you can get either a NVIDIA or an AMD card. You probably will not notice much difference. I personally would try to save more money and get a 8800GTS or a HD2900XT but the HD2600XT is adequate for regular gaming as long as you do not expect it to perform miracles. The HD2400XT though really falls short in the performance department and even though AMD told me that many bought the X1300 for gaming I hope that these people will buy a few games less and put their money on a better card.
Overall, both cards perform comparably with their respective Geforce competition in gaming. If you are merely a casual gamer, and prefer watching movies, the Radeons provide excellent high-definition media playback. However, as the author mentions, if you are a gamer, save up your money and buy the higher-end 8800/2900 series cards.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review