ATI Radeon HD 2400 and HD 2600 Overview
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While obviously a little late to the party, Bjorn3D has just posted a solid overview of AMD-ATIs next-generation Radeon HD 2400 and HD 2600 series.
Heres what they had to say:
If gaming is the main reason for buying a new video card you can get either a NVIDIA or an AMD card. You probably will not notice much difference. I personally would try to save more money and get a 8800GTS or a HD2900XT but the HD2600XT is adequate for regular gaming as long as you do not expect it to perform miracles. The HD2400XT though really falls short in the performance department and even though AMD told me that many bought the X1300 for gaming I hope that these people will buy a few games less and put their money on a better card.
Overall, both cards perform comparably with their respective Geforce competition in gaming. If you are merely a casual gamer, and prefer watching movies, the Radeons provide excellent high-definition media playback. However, as the author mentions, if you are a gamer, save up your money and buy the higher-end 8800/2900 series cards.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review