Microsoft Extends Xbox 360 Warranty To 3 Years
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Now this is an announcement that will surely delight the Xbox 360 crowd. As many of you are aware of, Xbox 360s have an abnormally high failure rate, and as such, many users were rather angry with Microsoft, to put it lightly. However, seeking to rectify past wrongs, Microsoft has just announced the following:
Microsoft Corp. today announced that it will expand its global Xbox 360 warranty coverage. Any Xbox 360 customer who experiences a general hardware failure indicated by three flashing red lights will now be covered by a three year warranty from date of purchase. All other existing Xbox 360 warranty policies remain in place.
Want to know the best part? Check this out:
For any customer who has previously paid for repair expenses related to the three flashing lights error message on the Xbox 360 console, Microsoft will retroactively reimburse them.
Very, very impressive. It looks like Microsoft has stepped up to the plate in a big way.
Click here to read the announcement.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews