Microsoft Extends Xbox 360 Warranty To 3 Years
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Now this is an announcement that will surely delight the Xbox 360 crowd. As many of you are aware of, Xbox 360s have an abnormally high failure rate, and as such, many users were rather angry with Microsoft, to put it lightly. However, seeking to rectify past wrongs, Microsoft has just announced the following:
Microsoft Corp. today announced that it will expand its global Xbox 360 warranty coverage. Any Xbox 360 customer who experiences a general hardware failure indicated by three flashing red lights will now be covered by a three year warranty from date of purchase. All other existing Xbox 360 warranty policies remain in place.
Want to know the best part? Check this out:
For any customer who has previously paid for repair expenses related to the three flashing lights error message on the Xbox 360 console, Microsoft will retroactively reimburse them.
Very, very impressive. It looks like Microsoft has stepped up to the plate in a big way.
Click here to read the announcement.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review