Ultra X3 1000W Modular Power Supply Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While kilowatt power supplies are overkill for any current setup, they are being aggressively marketed by several companies. One such company is Ultra, with its X3 line, which goes up to an astounding 1600 watts! 3DGameMan has just reviewed the much milder X3 1000W modular power supply.
Lets see what they had to say:
"What separates the Ultra X3 1000W Modular Power Supply from the many other's that are on the market is it's completely modular. Some power supplies within the 1000W range claim to be modular, but the main motherboard leads are still hard wired into the power supply. This power supply comes with a very quiet 135mm fan which provides fantastic cooling and means this it can be used in almost any environment. I also like the fact that the Ultra X3 line of power supplies ranges from 600 watts to 1600 watts. So the user can pick a model for their power requirements. Watch the video to find out more and check out the bloopers at the end."
Given the solid performance, excellent build quality and features like active PFC, 80%+ efficiency, single 70 amp +12V rail, and lifetime warranty, the Ultra X3 1000W is definitely worth a look if you have serious power requirements.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review