Abit IP35-E Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While Abit has a wonderful legacy, in the past few years they have failed to produce truly distinct products. Can the arrival of the Intel P35 chipset help the company turn things around? Lets find out. Overclockers Club has just reviewed the Abit IP35-E, an affordable P35-based motherboard.
Heres what they had to say:
This board had a little bit of the good, the bad, and the ugly. The ugly being the fact that it has an issue with a double reboot on each restart. The issue is not exclusive to this chipset as the Intel 965 boards had the same issues. After speaking with Abit, the issue is known and is being looked into. A BIOS update is being looked to for a solution. The bad was that my CPU would only run a max FSB of 355. While this is not a big issue, with a higher multiplier I was expecting a little more. With that being said, 3550 MHz isn't too shabby of an overclock. Now for the good. Performance was at or above the level of the other chipsets we compared it to at stock CPU speeds and default settings. In our suite of gaming benchmarks, it consistently out-performed the other chipsets, sometimes by a wide margin.
This motherboards best attribute is its price. It is one of the cheapest P35 motherboards on the market, along with the BIOSTAR TForce TP35D2-A7 and MSI P35 Neo-F. However, it is an otherwise unremarkable product. Hopefully, with some bios tweaks, Abit can turn this into a trouble-free, and more overclocker-friendly, motherboard.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review