Sony Introduces 80GB PS3, Reduces Price of 60GB Model
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
As the title so eloquently states, Sony has just introduced a new 80GB version of the PlayStation 3 console, and has also reduced the price of the 60GB version by $100.
Heres the official word from Sony:
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA), Inc. today announced a new 80GB model of its PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3) computer entertainment system. Beginning in August, the new PS3 model will be available in North America for a suggested retail price of $599/$659 CND and will be sold with the popular online-enabled racing game MotorStorm. In conjunction with this news, the company also announced that effective immediately, the current 60GB PS3 model will be available in North America for $499/$549 CND, or $100 below the original launch price.
First, you had Microsoft upping the warranty on the Xbox 360, and now you have Sony lowering the price of the PS3. It seems like both console manufacturers are actively trying to attract new customers. With this new development, the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 Elite are now only separated by $20, which should definitely make things more interesting.
Click here to read the press release.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review