Asus Introduces Revolutionary P5K3 Premium
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Well this is a concept that I have been waiting for, for many years. In effect, Asus has integrated 2GB of DDR3 1333Mhz memory directly onto the motherboard. In doing so, they have created the Asus P5K3 Premium.
Heres what they had to say:
Catering to enthusiasts who want the latest in innovations and technology, ASUS has released the new ASUS P5K3 Premium motherboard. This motherboard comes with the latest technologies and delivers a brand new innovation the Turbo D3 Onboard Memory feature. With this cutting-edge feature, users are guaranteed DDR3 overclocking speeds of above 1500 and reduced clock cycle timings by 50% for random data access.
Many are going to criticize the fact that this design limits you to 2GB, or that reaching 1500Mhz speeds is not that impressive since there are 1600Mhz/1866MHz/2000MHz memory modules in the making. However, Im very anxious to see what the performance improvements are. Also, if Asus has done a proper job of choosing the best possible memory chips, then this board will surely break several overclocking records!
Click here to read the press release.
Click here to check out the product page.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review