Intel Core 2 X7800 Mobile Processor
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Mobile gamers should be excited at this unveiling. French site Matbe has just posted a brief look at the Intel Core 2 X7800 mobile CPU, aimed towards very high-end notebooks.
I have taken the liberty of translating a paragraph:
This X7800 has an operating frequency of 2.6Ghz via a 800Mhz FSB and a multiplier of 13. Like all self-respecting Extreme Edition processors, its multiplier is unlocked. Why? To make function at 2.8, 3GHz or more without having to increase the FSB and thus without overclocking the memory. It is what Asus did to the "beta" bios of the G2S that allowed us to test it, since it was possible to choose between 2600, 2800 or 3000 MHz. A Core 2 Duo running at 3GHz in a portable, yes you read correctly!
While this chip is only marginally faster than the 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo T7700, the unlocked multiplier should it make attractive for those who wish to overclock their high-end Alienware or Voodoo PC gaming notebooks.
Click here to check out the article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review