BFG GeForce 8600 GTS OC2 Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
BFG has taken an interesting marketing approach by creating the 8600GTS OC2 line, which will be sold along side the regular GTS and the OC editions. Confused? Join the club! Guru3D has just taken a look at this new BFG GeForce 8600 GTS OC2. Does it bring anything new to the table?
Lets see what they had to say:
The new cooler which falls under the Thermo Intelligent label really is lovely. Despite the nice overclock temperatures it did remain extremely acceptable while keeping the noise levels at an all-time low. It's a really lovely concept and I can only applaud manufacturers to do customization like this as this market really needs differentiation. The product comes at a higher price though. Thanks to the decent cooler and sturdy component & PCB usage you'll also receive a extra 45 MHz on the core and 200 MHz extra on the memory. That's good stuff as it'll boost the overall gaming frame rate slightly better.
With the OC2 edition, BFG has managed to create another very highly clocked 8600GTS. However, it is still clocked lower than the XFX GeForce 8600GTS XXX edition. Also, as expected, this product is expensive, and it comes within $40USD of the cheapest 8800GTS on the market.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review