Sony Announces Updated PSP
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Anyone who follows handheld gaming closely will not be surprised to hear that Sony has announced a newly designed PlayStation Portable. Not only is it thinner and lighter, but it also features a video-out port.
Here's what they had to say:
In conjunction with a global announcement by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) today announced the availability of a new PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) that has a more streamlined form factor and a video-out port, offered for the first time in this territory in two exciting new PSP Entertainment Packs. PSP Ice Silver will be included in the limited-edition Daxter PSP Entertainment Pack, available in September. Also, a collectors edition PSP Ceramic White, including a Darth Vader silk-screen on the unit, as well as the PSP exclusive title, Star Wars Battlefront®: Renegade Squadron, will be featured in Star Wars Battlefront PSP Entertainment Pack, launching in October. PSP Entertainment Packs with the new colors, revealed at the E3 Media & Business Summit today, will be available for $199.99 (SRP).
I doubt those with existing PSPs are going to rush out and upgrade, but thinner and lighter is always welcome. It will be interesting to see if Sony has done any modifications to inhibit the homebrew scene.
Click here to read the full press release.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview