Sony Announces Updated PSP
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Anyone who follows handheld gaming closely will not be surprised to hear that Sony has announced a newly designed PlayStation Portable. Not only is it thinner and lighter, but it also features a video-out port.
Here's what they had to say:
In conjunction with a global announcement by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) today announced the availability of a new PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) that has a more streamlined form factor and a video-out port, offered for the first time in this territory in two exciting new PSP Entertainment Packs. PSP Ice Silver will be included in the limited-edition Daxter PSP Entertainment Pack, available in September. Also, a collectors edition PSP Ceramic White, including a Darth Vader silk-screen on the unit, as well as the PSP exclusive title, Star Wars Battlefront®: Renegade Squadron, will be featured in Star Wars Battlefront PSP Entertainment Pack, launching in October. PSP Entertainment Packs with the new colors, revealed at the E3 Media & Business Summit today, will be available for $199.99 (SRP).
I doubt those with existing PSPs are going to rush out and upgrade, but thinner and lighter is always welcome. It will be interesting to see if Sony has done any modifications to inhibit the homebrew scene.
Click here to read the full press release.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review